Principal EC & I Engineer (PR-34104567)
This person will be technically responsible for EC&I engineering output of EC&I teams delivering technical solutions for complex systems, while acting as Lead Engineer on large and complex Projects assisting in the production of Project plans and other associated Project Management activities.
- Duration: 6 months+
- Outside IR35
- North west based but can work from any office or remotely, client visits when necessary
- Must be able to get SC clearance - will start working on BPSS
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are appropriately prioritised and applied.
- Be aware of existing and emerging technologies including other major disciplines.
- Proven understanding of the responsibilities placed upon both the company and the individual, as regards application of BS7671, IEC 61508, Machinery Directive and CDM Regulations.
- Lead technical solutions at design reviews and facilitate at technical discussions and chair formal technical reviews.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to all levels within the Business.
- Responsible for the technical, financial and quality delivery of Projects assigned to other Engineers.
- Assist the Project Management team in managing Project costs and Schedule with minimal commercial and financial supervision.
- Shall be able to operate as a focal point for technical communications between Clients and Customers.
- A demonstrable track record of delivery and expertise in the design of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation with general experience across the whole EC&I discipline.
- An in-depth understanding of how the EC&I aspects fit within a complex project environment.
- Significant experience working on projects in all major phases of the life cycle.
- An understanding of Control system design phases: design verification and validation, and version control.
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management.
- Experience working with safety cases in high hazard industries (preferably Nuclear), is desirable
Ideal areas of expertise
- Intrinsically Safe Systems (ATEX)
- General power and control applications
- Design of control cabinets
- Power and safety circuits
- Electrical schematic diagrams
- HMI / SCADA
- PLC / DCS
- FAT / SAT
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales