Mechanical Design Engineer
I have a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a very exciting space-based project.
Contract Length: 12 Months
Start Date: ASAP
The role will cover a number of mechanical engineering design activities from concept development through to detailing and system delivery. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the hands-on opto-mechanical assembly, integration and test of equipment and instrumentation for astronomical & space based sectors as well as other application areas
- Involvement in design, manufacture & test of complex or high precision mechanical or opto-mechanical products, systems or instrumentation.
- Experience of product or system testing to ensure designs meet requirements.
- Highly competent in at least one major CAD software package (e.g. Autodesk Inventor), covering design and detailed drawing activity.
- The ability to perform design calculations and structural analysis by analytical and/or Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software techniques. CfAI use ANSYS for system modelling and FEA
- Ability to understand and absorb extensive technical requirements specifications, and to develop suitable designs and specifications (down to component level) to meet the requirements and practical trade-offs that occur within complex hardware systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, especially able to prepare high quality written documentation (e.g. design reports).
- The capability of working as a professional engineer with the minimum of supervision.
If you or anyone else is interested in the position please reply with an updated CV and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales