LNG Owners Engineer - Northeast - Contract Opportunity
Serve as a Project Engineer/Owner's Rep. supporting the development, design, and implementation of complex projects for our natural gas assets.
- Develop engineering designs for Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipelines, Pressure Regulating Stations, Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) plants and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) facilities and fueling stations.
- Work with contracted engineers to develop designs for large-scale complex projects.
- Ensure installations are in accordance with federal, state, and local codes as well as the client's policies and procedures.
- Ensure the design process and installation are in accordance with the client's Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Support the development of project estimates and other project-related documentation.
- Identify and acquire the necessary permits and authorizations for the project.
- Specify and order non-stock materials.
- Review, approve, and document Certified Material Test Records.
- Write technical specifications and scopes of work for bid events to support the Procurement process.
- Review engineering-related RFIs and submittals during construction.
- Support Project Management and Complex Construction team members during construction.
- Oversee commissioning activities and the hand-off of project documentation to the Asset Owners.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to LNG/CNG facilities.
- Support other engineers within the Project Engineering team by advising, reviewing drawings and documents, and assisting with other project scopes as required.
- Support Operations departments by troubleshooting or analyzing issues encountered at the LNG plants and CNG stations.
Supervisory / Interpersonal Experience Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across organizations within the client, as well as interfacing with external stakeholders and permitting authorities.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology degree from an ABET accredited or equivalent engineering school.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant technical engineering experience.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects within budget and time constraints.
- Proficiency with PC software applications including the Microsoft Office suite.
- A valid driver's license with a safe driving record that meets the client's Safe Driver policy.
Rate Range $50-$65/hr, Per Diem available for applicable candidates
Duration 12 Months
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.