Interim Civil and Structural Design Engineer needed, Cheshire
Interim Senior Civil and Structural Design Engineer needed, North Cheshire. 6 -12 month initial role outside of IR35. The Role is due to start in mid April and remote work is on offer. Video interview slots are available.
You will be reporting to the Civil department manager and responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects
- Undertaking and supervising ground investigations
- Preparing risk Assessments, desk studies, technical advice notes and drafting drawings
- Travel to other offices and sites within the UK and overseas
- Prepare H&S plans and RAMS
- Liaison with contractors to organise site activities
- Supervision of site investigation activities
- Undertake verification works on site
- Preparation of concept designs for cost estimates
- production of engineering design calc's, drawings and documents, structural steel and reinforced concrete.
- foundations, retaining walls and earth structures.
- Production of estimates for both the design and construction phases of projects
- Have a strong knowledge of other disciplines in order to ensure that key interfaces with other departments are managed effectively and teams work together in order to resolve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications - Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to produce drawings in 2D AutoCad.
- Be able to produce technical reports.
- Experience managing design sub-contractors would be advantageous
Relevant degree in civil engineering or a geological discipline
An MSc would be desirable
Minimum 5 years experience in a Civil/Structural Engineering Role
Excellent communication skills Strong report writing skills Full UK drivers licence
If interested, please send across your latest CV to p.tate at progressiverecruitment.com
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales