Integration Specialist (Web Services)
IMMEDIATE START - Integration Specialist (Web Services) - 3 month contract - Melbourne
Progressive, in partnership with one of our clients, a leading University based in Melbourne's North, are actively on the lookout for an experienced Integration Specialist (Web Services). Reporting to the Integration Services Manager, you will be joining a delivery team within the Office of the CTO to work on a Direct Applications Project for students.
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the design, development and maintenance of a System Integration platform for connecting applications and data in a large and complex University environment.
The client are looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running as well as someone who can take initiative and problem solve individually.
Role: Integration Specialist (Web Services)
Location: Melbourne's North
Tenure: 3 month initial contract
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Provision of specialist technical expertise in the design, development and maintenance of interface processes and APIs/Web Services within a System Integration platform for connecting applications, data and equipment across several different data transfer technologies.
- At least 5-6 years of strong technical/development skills in the following technologies;
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or later
- Stored procedure development
- Creation and maintenance of database objects
- Web Service Development (REST) using Microsoft .Net (C#)
- Authoring and maintenance of technical specifications, and development of technical designs, based on functional specifications and system requirements
- Up to date knowledge regarding industry trends and best practices particularly in regard to System Integration and API Management tools for connecting applications and data, and provision/publishing of enterprise APIs.
- Previous work experience in a University setting will be highly regarded for this role
What you will bring to the role:
- Excellent solution delivery and service delivery skills
- Genuine passion for analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving. You need to have solid development skills and be able to work unsupervised as well as take initiative.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve the business outcomes
- Advanced PC skills (Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Benefits to you:
- Competitive daily rate
- Exposure to a diverse and complex University Application Landscape
- Working with a collaborative team who are supportive and value learning
- Onsite parking available
How to apply For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jodene White on 0416 694 546
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full working rights in Australia to apply for this role (PR or citizenship).
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.