Front End Developer
Front End Developer - 6 - 9 Month Contract - Melbourne CBD
Progressive, in partnership with one of our clients are currently looking for multiple Front End Developers to join an existing software development team sitting within a larger program of work that focuses on multiple projects of delivery. This client are a leading insurance firm with main offices in Melbourne and Sydney.
As a Front End Developer you will be tasked with constantly looking for ways to continuously enhance current applications and processes as well as bring your existing knowledge and experience in responsive design and development to aid in the uplift of legacy applications. Additionally, you will work on various other applications within the entire organisations application landscape.
The client are looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running as well as someone who has extensive experience in React.
Role: Front End Developer
Location: Melbourne CBD
Tenure: Contract - varying from 6-9 months
Essential skills and requirements:
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in HTML, CSS
- CSS Pre-processor Frameworks such as;
- Integration with API's with knowledge of patterns such as RESTful with emphasis on consumption
- API contract design
- Version control such as Git or BitBucket
- Understanding of responsive design that includes cross browser development
- Unit Testing (Mocha/Jasmine/Jest)
Nice to have:
- Front End design patterns like Atomic or BEM
- HTML development in Ruby
- Knowledge in WCAG 2.0 AA Accessibility Guidelines.
- TDD/Agile Methodology
- Experience working with Team Collaboration Tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience working in environments that follow DevOps principles and good working knowledge and experience in tools such as Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Octopus CI/CD tooling and modern source code management systems
- Knowledge of SEO and its implementation and practicality
- Experience with A/B Testing
Benefits to you:
- Competitive daily rate
- Melbourne CBD location
- Fantastic opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies
- Real career progression and opportunity to work on multiple projects
- Working within a collaborative, positive team environment
How to apply For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Poonam Chand on 0404 833 955
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full working rights in Australia to apply for this role (PR or citizenship).
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.