Responsible for: Design Managers, Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Draughts people and Technical Publications.
Overall responsibility and accountability for the Mechanical Engineering Design Team which will include people and budgetary management.
A background in heavy capital equipment, air handling, thermal plant or Industrial HVAC is an advantage.
A proven track record in strategic engineering leadership delivering effective engineering strategies, policies, processes and systems.
Experience of effectively using a 3D cad package and Finite Element Analysis software.
Experience of working in a design for manufacturing, production and installation environment.
Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body (desirable)
Good budgetary skills
Awareness of European Design standards.
Safety first approach. Effective in using MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio.
The Salary is 60k with a car allowance
Location: Near Otley West Yorks
- Although we expect technical ability, you will not be drawing. This is a management position, not technical drawing/design role.
- You will be planning the work of the whole department.
- There will be a human resource element of the department - learning and development, recruitment, scheduling etc
- Will need to liaise with other departments regarding projects.
- Will manage a department budget.
- Will have expertise/understanding in FEA and CFD.
- Will be able to solve complex problems.
- Will have standardisation experience.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales