EC&I Engineer - Contract - Huddersfield - Outside IR35 (PR-33991049)
I have a requirement for a EC&I Engineer for a 6 month contract working for a Engineering Design, Project Management and Construction Management Consultancy in Huddersfield.
Hybrid working pattern available.
- A sound instrument and electrical knowledge of process control & electrical requirements in Hazardous and Non - Hazardous Areas within the Chemical Process type industry is required. A good working knowledge of ATEX Directives for selection and installation of control and electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas is also required.
- The candidate must be able to design all types of instrument loops (pressure, temperature, flow, level etc), electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing. Knowledge of PLC and DCS control system I/O interfacing is required.
- The candidate should be able to design and produce all types of drawings & documents including instrument loop and electrical circuit diagrams, installation / layout diagrams for cable route and equipment location, block cable diagrams, electrical distribution diagrams, Installation Scopes of Work and material & cable schedules etc.
- Candidate should be able to produce designs using AutoCAD packages and be familiar with the use of PC software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, AMTECH cable sizing & distribution system design etc. The candidate should be able to specify all types of instrument and electrical equipment and be able to carry out tender enquiries for EC&I equipment & obtain quotations.
- The candidate should be familiar with compiling Tender & Construction Issue Packages for Enquiries, including the necessary design drawings and supporting User Requirement
- Specifications (URS's), Scopes of Work and Material and Cable Schedules, obtaining quotations and liaising with the Installation Contractor during construction.
- The candidate should be familiar with site working for measuring up and investigation, determining equipment locations and cable routes, liaison with client's engineers and attending Project Meetings. The candidate should also be able to work within a team or as an individual using own initiative, and with minimum supervision.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales