Digital Control Systems Engineer (PR-33904504)
The Control system engineer will be responsible for:
* Analysis Technical Leader's specifications, identification of the appropriate solution to build the system database.
* Understand designed systems and recommends changes when required.
* Assists technical leader in resolving any technical issues when necessary, to achieve delivery requirements.
* Support in detecting variation opportunities.
* Conducts Validation, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and site acceptance test (SAT) as System Engineer.
* Seeks resolutions on hardware, Software or performance related systems issues.
* Seeks resolutions of network communication issues at both hardware and software level.
* Provide weekly time sheets and monthly reports including status of all work undertaken by the Engineer.
* Abide by all Corporate and local policies and procedures including but not limited to Integrity, Diversity, Proprietary Information, Conflict of Interest, QMS and EHS.
* Work in a safe manner and ensure appropriate training is taken to do tasks safely.
* Report any accidents or injuries while on the job.
* Oversee cubicle safety & good housekeeping practices of team members.
* Ensure RAMS produced and approved before performing any works.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* An Electronics Technology/Technician Diploma or equivalent from an ASET recognised institute with equivalent experience will be considered
* The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of SCADA, communication protocols and media.
* Proficiency in Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications
* Strong working knowledge of database applications
* Experience with programming, testing & Commissioning electrical Control systems (SCADA/HMI, Cyber security, Network equipment, IEC61850, Firewalls, Routers e.tc).
* DS Agile DCS solution and aView HMI programming is a strong asset
* Candidates with proven knowledge of Substation automation solutions are preferred.
* Ability to travel to customer sites - Must have a valid driver's license
* Minimum of a BSc. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with four to five years' control system related experience
* Knowledge on Automation, Electrical Control Systems and SCADA/DCS systems.
* Strong technical skills on Networking, communication Protocols and Cyber security aspects.
* Strong technical skills on testing & Commissioning control systems including but not limited to SCADA Functional testing, HMI validation, Network communication tests, Integration & testing with 3rd part systems on IEC101/104, signal testing with protection relays on IEC61850.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* The ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment is essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with the different departments.
* Well-developed organisational skills are required.
* Ability to organise, prioritise and achieve milestones and deliverables.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales