DC Protection Engineer (PR-34053194)
I am looking for a DC Protection Engineer to support a substation project.
Key responsibilities ;
- Responsibility for the preparation of quotations as well as for the engineering phase, performance and customer acceptance tests. Support during the system commissioning phase from the office up to handover to the customer worldwide
- Development of DC protection concepts of self-guided multilevel converters with half-bridge and full-bridge modules for different applications such as symmetrical monopole, bipole, offshore connections or multi-terminal systems
- Performance of protection coordination studies of HVDC systems using the simulation tool EMTDC/PSCAD, incl. determination of DC protection settings and preparation of study report
- Programming the software of DC protection and measurement system in MATLAB/ SIMULINK and CFC on the SIMATIC TDC multiprocessor automation system and PLUSCONTROL platform
- Functional and performance testing: Model-Based-Testing (MBT) in SIMULINK and Hardware in the Loop (HiL) with Real-Time Simulation Systems (RTDS)
- Customer training and acceptance tests as well as submission of lessons learned for improvement as a central contact person for your project as a protection engineer
- Support in research and development topics for HVDC projects and first point of contact for troubleshooting and after sales.
If you are interested please respond with a up to date CV and i can call you to discuss further.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales