Data Analyst- Sydney CBD- Financial Services
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Technical Data / BI Analyst who will play a pivotal role in our Data Analytics / BI team, taking ownership of our Data Warehouse, and supporting our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analysing company data. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights as well as have a passion for embracing new technologies ensuring that we are using our data sets in the most innovative ways possible.
What You'll Be Doing
- Technical problem definition from end-user requests.
- SQL query development and debugging.
- Validation of data and dashboards.
- Creation of Power BI reports including DAX formulas.
- Ad-Hoc data request from across business functions.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Understanding of machine learning and AI and how to apply this to different analytical situations would be beneficial.Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience with SQL (T-SQL or PostgreSQL).
- Strong DAX experience
- Experience with Power BI or other Visualisation Software e.g. Tableau.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Capability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- ETL and Data-Warehouse design experience.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets would be highly beneficial.
If this role is of interest to yourself please 'apply now' or contact Paulina for further information.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018