Control Systems Engineer - Nuclear (PR-33988414)
- The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design. The work may involve limited travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys and designing solutions. Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing PLC's and LV distribution systems.
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience on project implementation
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft office word & excel.
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact and mentoring is required.
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation.
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 61439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Working with production to see the design through to completion.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales