Contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Stafford
Contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer needed for our client in Staffordshire.
The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design.
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 4 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation, G5/4 Harmonic Standard
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Site experience (survey /install)
Please send across a cv if the role is of interest or call me in the Manchester offices.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales