Contract EC&I Engineer needed, Hull / Humber
Supporting our Petrochemical client with offices on the outskirts of Hull (and their current operations on the Humber Estuary) we are looking for a Contract EC&I Engineer.
The role is to last 6 months, interviews are scheduled for Friday 15th and candidates need to be able to start by November 25th. The position will be outside of IR35. Ideally we are looking for a local candidate to secure the role.
Main duties and experience (include, but are not limited to):
- Liaise fully with the engineering team to provide electrical and instrumentation guidance for all aspects of terminal electrical control & instrumentation equipment.
- Ensure that Operations, Technical and Management Standards (OTAMS), HSE guidance, codes of practice, British Standards, manufacturer's recommendations etc. are applied for maintenance, inspection, testing and installation work of electrical equipment.
- Co-ordinate with management to ensure that long-term development plans are targeted with regard to electrical distribution systems, layout, purchase/installation of new equipment and project work etc.
- Develop current Safety Integrated Systems (SIS)
- Execute electrical engineering projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To ensure that the design, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of new/modified equipment is carried out safely, to recognised standards, codes of practice, legislation and other guidance.
- Develop, implement and monitor risk assessment system for ATEX equipment, as per the Explosion Protection Document (EPD).
- Detailed understanding of electrical, instrumentation and control principles.
- Strong electrical theory.
- Experience with ATEX / Danger Substances and Explosive Atmospheres
If interested then please send me your latest CV. You can find me on LinkedIn also.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales