Network Security consultant
Network Security consultant
Progressive is currently looking for a Network Security engineer (freelance or employee) to deliver a long-term mission as external consultant.
Network Security Consultant - Details about our client:
Within the Network & Security Services Family, the Expertise team of the Datacenter network service line designs and deploys modern, qualitative, scalable and competitive network services on the datacenters of the company.
In the Datacenter Expertise team we are working on a project basis, facing challenging short term and long term requirements. We are translating business needs into technical solutions that fit into our service model. The experts and integration engineers are piloting activities from design to deployment. They take particular care of the handover to the operational teams in order to bring the solution in a controlled way into production. The network and security expert is continuously analyzing and optimizing the existing network infrastructure, tools and documentation.
Network Security consultant - details about the mission:
The mission of the Network and security expert will be to facilitate the Datacenter migration on network and security level.
As security expert you will focus on the following:
- Design & deploy network and security infrastructure
- design FW, proxy and loadbalancing solutions with respect to business requirements and the actual design standards.
- work in close cooperation with architects on the HLD and aligned LLD.
- deploy the solutions in the production network in a controlled way.
- perform correct and complete handover to operations.
- Project management tasks (limited)
- reporting of activities and progress
- Level 3 support
- provide expertise support for complex or critical incidents on proxy, loadbalancing and FW infrastructure
- perform E2E performance troubleshooting on perceived network performance degradations
- documentation of the network setup in the form of Layer2/Layer3 schemes (in Microsoft Visio)
- writing of LLD (Low level design) documents
- contributing to HLDs (high level design documents)
- writing of detailed migration plans for implementation of significant and major changes
- writing of high level change descriptions for getting a change approved by the CAB
- writing of test plans to validate the correct functioning of setups after a change.
- writing of performance troubleshooting reports
Network Security consultant - your profile:
You should have experience in technical network & security business and:
- A good all-round network and security knowledge
- Security: FW and IPS technologies, loadbalancing technologies, Proxy technology, VPN SSL access, logging (Splunk), XML gateways, ...
- Networks: LAN/MAN/WAN technologies, TCP/IP, Ethernet, and virtualized architectures (Layered model, VLAN, VRF, …)
- Excellent TCP troubleshooting skills
- Expertise on BlueCoat proxies, Checkpoint FWs, Palo Alto FWs, Fortinet FWs and F5 Loadbalancers is highly desired
- Experience with BGP routing protocol on FWs is a plus.
- Knowledge of the following platforms and their design limitations: Bluecoat ProxySG, Checkpoint & PaloAlto & Fortinet FWs, F5 loadbalancers, Cisco & Juniper VPN and Cisco switches
- Knowledge of scalable network architectures
- Documenting in Microsoft Visio
- Writing of HLD/LLD documents and migration plans