IT Microsoft Support engineer L2/L3 - Brussels
IT Microsoft Support engineer - L2/L3
Our client located in Brussels is looking for a medior Windows IT Support engineer in their IT Infrastructure department. This person will be part of the Microsoft Application team, which is responsible to deploy all in-house developed applications running in Acceptance & Production, and which manages some core shared applications to support those applications (like Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, …).
The environment is the following: 5000 users, 600 application servers, 200 SQL servers.
IT Microsoft Support engineer - responsibilities:
- Deploy and update all applications in acceptance & production environments (mostly Windows IIS & SQL based);
- System administration of the supporting core applications (a.o. MS SQL);
- Enforcement and monitoring of security guidelines and standards;
- Monitoring, change and patch management of the environment;
- Ensure optimal 2nd/3rd level (interface to Microsoft and other 3rd parties) support;
- Keep operating and installation documentation for the above areas up to date;
- Be part of the duty role (24/7, 1 in 4-5 weeks) in this team, once training is complete
IT Microsoft Support engineer - profile:
- Computer science degree, a comparable education or proven experience in the sector (>3 years);
- Advanced knowledge of and operational experience with MS Windows Server 2012R2 -2016 (>3 years);
- Knowledge of Powershell, IIS or MS-SQL is a plus;
- Must be natively Dutch or French speaking but able to understand the other;
- Must be able to speak and understand English;
- German is a plus.
- Must be a team player;
- Must have planning and organizational skills (working with strict deadlines - must be able to cope with stress);
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Must be customer minded;
- Must be able and eager to learn new products or technologies;
- Must be accountable;
- Must have an operational mindset;
- Must be available for duty role (24/7, 1 week in 4), definitely NOT a 9 to 5 worker.
IT Microsoft Support engineer - mission:
Long term mission
Keywords: IT, ICT, Support, engineer, Helpdesk, Help desk, Microsoft, technical, Windows, SQL ...