Freelance (audio) Embedded software engineer
- Implementation of software components
- Development testing of software components
- Participation in project teams, define product design and validation requirements. This input serves for project manager, system architect and team leader to define design, planning & validation.
- Execute the committed project deliverables on time and on quality.
- Responsible for studying and analyzing the technical protocol and user requirements for the product to efficiently code the software for the product.
- Responsible for creating DD (Detailed Design) product components. Use selected tools to develop the required code on the required target and target platform. Understand the requirements in the code, real-time handling and coding efficiency.
- Partly responsible for defining the product validation plan.
- Implement the software, once CRS, FRS, HSI and TLD are final. Follow guidelines as set out in these documents. Once the software is implemented, responsible for a first functional check on the platform development target.
- Consultancy during product design and development. Study the specifications on different transport protocols or used technologies to be able to use them in future products or designs.
- Partly manage technical contact with customer and/or help FAE to resolve technical issues related to designed and developed components.
- Participate in scrum process:
- Plan and execute your work via scrum; Estimate the stories using planning poker, define necessary tasks to meet stories and sprint goal, actively participate in planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings
- Take ownership
You will be supporting your team with your engineering skills. Work with people across all function teams and external parties. Jobholder is capable to make decisions with in-depth technical knowledge as an important contributor to the R&D team. Tasks can be different and require prompt and accurate judgment
- Master or Bachelor degree in the domain of software development (or equivalent through experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required. Experience in automotive software development is an important plus. The knowledge or passion for audio is a plus.
- Experience in any of the following protocols: TCP/IP, S/PDIF, I2C, SPI, MOST, CAN, AVB
- Experience with MISRA and Polyspace is a strong asset
- Experience on any of the following MCU's: STM32, STM8, AVR32, HC09, Blackfin, Sharc, Griffin, ARM
- Experienced with integration of 3rd party software. Interest for optimization
- Experience with Python or other suitable Scripting language
- Knowledge of English is a must. Knowledge of Dutch, German or French is a plus.
- Passionate for product development
- Analytical thinker, quick synthesis, system thinking
- Team player and eager to learn. Pragmatic and solutions oriented