AWS/DevOps Engineer : Context
On behalf of a fast growing scale-up in the media industry based in Leuven, Progressive is currently looking for an AWS/DevOps Engineer to join a company with a diversified environment and cutting-edge technologies.
AWS/DevOps Engineer : Project and Responsibilities
- Take end responsibility and follow-up on daily basis key operational performance indicators of our Digital Solution, such as delivery volumes, speed and performance of our platform, quality of the apps,..
- Own and operate the cloud infrastructure for our in-house built digital publishing platform.
- Exploit real-time monitoring to prevent operational issues leading to poor customer experiences.
- Own and operate platform alerting and ensure 3rd line incident response
- Manage and optimize the total cost of our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Capacity planning and performance improvements
- Own and operate the delivery pipeline, enabling rapid delivery
- Utilising release automation to assist the software engineers and their eco-system.
- Ensuring technical solution designs are secure/scalable/maintainable/supportable.
- Having the ability to be hands on and able to contribute to the technical debate.
- Maintaining a keen eye on new technologies/innovation in the industry and leverage these to benefit the organization.
- Drive a continuous improvement and automation first culture seeking to optimise and accelerate at every opportunity
AWS/DevOps Engineer : Profile
- Demonstrable experience of with DevOps to deliver strong technical and commercial results.
- Successful experience of implementing continuous integration/delivery
- Attention to detail to ensure code management, code workflow, security and performance analysis standards are adhered to
- Excellent experience of building a practice that adopts a data driven continuous improvement, taking metrics, analysing data and building technical pipelines of improvement tasks
- Strong communication skills
- You understand that prevention is better than cure
- Keep up to date on evolutions in the industry, continuously improve on and blog about areas of technology interest.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure is a must:
- Cloud compute - AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2 on Windows, Redis, Lambda (micro-services)
- Database -RDS MS SQL Server, mysql, nosql, Google Biq Query, Redshift, Athena
- Logging -Cloudwatch, IP Monitor, elastisearch
- Content Distribution - Amazon CDN Cloudfront, S3
- Infrastructure as code & configuration management is a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD implementation and automation (Git, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Containers,..)
- Test automation tools
- Experience with setting up a pull request system is a plus
Apply now online for this role or send your CV to Yacer via y.karroumiATprogressiverecruitment.com.
Please include an indication of your desired salary, your motivation and availability.