Our programme has been built on over the years to strategically align with our commercial objectives and we have developed a comprehensive programme of activities across three core areas: Community, Workplace and Environment.
- Sharing skills through volunteering. Our employees can take two days of paid time to benefit local charities and schools. Over 685 employees have shared their skills during the last five years positively impacting over 3,635 beneficiaries.
- We have supported 10 apprenticeships, 40 work experience placements and many University scholarships for young people from underprivileged backgrounds.
- Our seven year partnership with SOS Children's Villages with the majority of our support going to Chipata, Zambia where we have an SThree house where eight orphans live with their SOS mother. The company continues to match £50,000 per annum with a target to raise £1 million by our tenth year anniversary in 2018.
- SThree continues to support the wider Chipata Village in Zambia with locally produced computer tablets that have solar panel charging, to assist primary school learning.
- We grow our talent by investing in our employees through 'best in class' training led by our learning and development team.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Programme ensures we support an inclusive culture through our internal Identity Programme. We have set five year female representation targets at all levels of our business including our Executive Committee.
- Our strong employee engagement sees 93% of respondents in our employee survey confirmed that they would recommend SThree as a great place to work.
- From 2008, we have been a member of the FTSE4Good, which measures the performance of companies demonstrating strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices.
- We brought in a new travel policy that has dramatically reduced internal travel and we continue to promote video conferencing as a more efficient option to reduce our footprint.
- All our offices are encouraged to take a paperless approach, and recycle what they have used with all paper now recycled, making a significant difference on natural resources used in the production.
- We offset our global carbon footprint emissions through two ClimateCare projects:
- The Uganda Cook stoves that use less fuel and substantially reduce air pollution. This method is used instead of wood and charcoal saving the remaining forest in Uganda.
- The Wind Energy Project in India which provides reliable and clean energy.
To find out more about our CSR initiates visit the SThree CSR page.