Great Contract opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to join an Australian owned client with this role based in Sydney CBD starting ASAP.
As a Cloud Engineer you will be ready to hit the ground running and get hands-on and responsible for the maintenance & management of cloud resources, integration's tools & services, containerisation, and cost optimisation within GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Design & build cloud infrastructure solutions leveraging Google Cloud
- Manage and maintain Google cloud resources
- Introduce cost optimisation & monitoring across all the cloud resources
- Be the subject matter expert for all cloud related activities in the group
- Ensure all cloud implementations are risk free and adhere to the group's security policies.
- Ensure the group's data platforms are well maintained, optimised, secure and stable
- Lend support to various businesses and technology teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery of e-comm, data platforms & data analytics related solutions to ensure supportable, scalable, robust solutions are delivered.
- Manage identity & access via Privileged Identity Management (PIM) service
- Setup access control policies across cloud infrastructure resources
Skills and Experience needed to be Successful:
- Experience in developing flexible and automated cloud infrastructure platforms across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Hands on experience in cloud migrations and automation
- GCP hands-on demonstrable experience mandatory where experience in Azure is a bonus
- Experience across Technologies including Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Must have hands-on experience with building, deploying, troubleshooting data extraction using Databricks
- Software development experience with: Python, Linux/Unix, DotNet is highly regarded
Interviews for this role will be starting ASAP so please apply for a confidential discussion about your fit for the position. For more Information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT 0401488853
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018