Seeking a Cloud Engineer with strong Data experience to join a well-known Aussie brand starting on a 6 months contract based in Sydney CBD
As a Cloud Engineer you will be ready to hit the ground running and get hands-on and responsible for the maintenance & management of cloud resources, integration's tools & services, containerisation, and cost optimisation within Azure.
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Design & build cloud infrastructure solutions leveraging Azure
- Manage and maintain Azure resources
- Introduce cost optimisation & monitoring across all the cloud resources
- Be the subject matter expert for all cloud related activities in the group
- Ensure all cloud implementations are risk free and adhere to the group's security policies.
- Ensure the group's data platforms are well maintained, optimised, secure and stable
- Setup access control policies across cloud infrastructure resources
- Create, modify, and manage the technology fundamentals for data code pipelines within deployment/management
Skills and Experience needed to be Successful:
- Experience in developing flexible and automated cloud infrastructure platforms across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- 3 years minimum In-depth hands on demonstrable experience within Azure
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Hands on experience in cloud migrations and automation
- Experience setting up Infrastructure as code ideally using ARM templates or Terraform
- Data experience with Data Lakes building from scratch, and strong experience with Databricks (Essential)
- Must have hands-on experience with building, deploying, troubleshooting data extraction using Databricks, Dataproc, Data factory,
- Extensive experience with Azure automation to streamline resource management & policy implementation.
Highly Desirable skills:
- Experience setting up New tracking systems
- Kubernetes Experience - GKE, AKS
- Other Experience across Technologies including Azure Data Factory, Cloud Data Catalog, Azure Data Catalog, Cloud Dataflow, Container Registry, Azure Container Registry
- Software development experience with: Python, Linux/Unix, DotNet is highly regarded
Interviews for this role will be starting early next week so please apply ASAP for a confidential discussion about your fit for the position. For more Information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT 0401488853
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018