Progressive and our key clients are currently searching for a skilled Civil Designer to join a team based within Sydney.
Working within the civil and structures team, you will be able to work independently through substantial tasks under the overall supervision of the Director of civil and senior staff.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- 5+ years 3D modelling within live local projects
- Intermediate/advanced use of 12D or AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Good written and verbal communications
Responsibilities of the Civil Designer:
- Manage and take responsibility for delivering project documentation in accordance with Client brief, relevant Australian Standards, and local authority requirements.
- Regular meetings with managers within several projects to track progress and discuss design issues
- Design of roads, car parks and earthworks utilising 12D and AutoCAD Civil 3D to relevant codes and guidelines.
- Prepare bulk earthworks and cut/fill calculations.
- Understanding of stormwater drainage, roof drainage, On Site Detention and Retention design.
- Checking team member designs, ensuring they are correct and following standards
- Attendance of co-ordination meetings to resolve design issues between the various consultants and clients.
- Attend site inspections
- We are currently not accepting any applications from outside of Australia
- Due to high volumes of applications, our team will shortlist and get in contact with successful applicants
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018