My clients are currently working on several major projects including Sydney Metro, Sydney Metro West, Barangaroo and Sydney Airport.
Working within the civil and water engineering team, you will be able to work independently through substantial tasks under the overall supervision of the Director of civil and water engineering and senior staff.
What you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- 3+ years 3D modelling within live local projects
- Intermediate/advanced use of 12D or AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Good written and verbal communications
Day to Day:
- Regular meetings with managers within several projects to track progress and discuss design issues
- Design of roads, car parks and earthworks utilising 12D and AutoCAD Civil 3D to relevant codes and guidelines.
- Prepare bulk earthworks and cut/fill calculations
- Understanding of stormwater drainage, roof drainage, On Site Detention and Retention design.
- Checking team member designs, ensuring they are correct and following standards
- Attendance of co-ordination meetings to resolve design issues between the various consultants and clients.
- Write concise project communication and design reports.
- Communicate via e-mail and web-based project management platforms.
- Brief CAD staff on the design documentation and ensure that the drafted design is accurate.
- Work within the project design budgets with the ability to tell if budgets are realistic or not
- Attend site inspections
- Review contractors WAE drawings, RFIs and other requests during construction
- Utilise company platforms including Confluence, Trakstar, Xero and Synergy.
- Mentor junior staff in a constructive way by providing feedback to develop skill sets.
If you are ready to find out more about this role, please apply for this role with your latest CV.
Please note that only shortlisted will be contacted for further information.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018