Azure Data Architect
Im currently looking for a Data Architect to join a client in the retail sector starting on a 6 months contract based in Melbourne near the CBD.
You will be a part of the centralised Architecture team which is responsible for all facets of technology architecture across the company. You will play a key role in the executing the data strategy through technical product leadership of big data cloud technology initiatives. Accountability of architecture of data platforms to support democratisation of insights and advanced analytics capabilities.
You will work closely with the business and data engineering teams to shape cloud data platform roadmap as well as introduce architectural patterns and technology solution options that will transition the business to a data driven organisation.
Skills and experience needed to be successful in this role:
- Driving functional outcomes by planning and prioritising technical product features for a data platform.
- Work closely with the leadership teams from Enterprise data function, data engineering, security, infrastructure and data science to drive the outcomes for shared data strategy.
- Ability to translate projects and initiatives functional and non-functional requirements to Big Data cloud storage and compute services for optimum business return on cloud investment.
- Evidence of hands on experience of building and designing data platforms that can manage reporting and data science workloads as well as bimodal operating model for a large-scale data program
- From technology experience, proven experience of data and analytics technology solutions in large organisations which could involve complex data integration, data lakes, hubs, warehouses, analytical and AI solutions, governance solutions (metadata, master data, reference data, lineage), business process transformations driven by data, event-driven solutions involving platforms
- Experience in the design of large-scale data solutions on Azure or an equivalent technology stack on cloud.
- Cloud data platforms (Data Lakes etc.)
- Cloud storage stack
- Event Hub/Kafka
- Metadata Management
- Databricks/Spark or cloud equivalent complex data engineering compute tool.
- Cloud data security and privacy
- Data Factory or cloud equivalent data pipelines orchestration tool.
For a further discussion about this position please apply today and I will give you a call to run through in more detail.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon from Progressive IT 0401488853
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018