Azure Cloud Architect
Fantastic opportunity for an Azure Cloud Architect for a 12 month contract with an Australian owned Company based in Sydney CBD!
About The Role:
You will be responsible for Cloud Design and Implementation by acting as a Solution Architect across Cloud projects within the business, produce cloud technology designs appropriate for the solution and implementation and design of these solutions.
You will drive and enhance our existing Automation and "Infrastructure as code" practices, as we continually evolve this capability and work with the wider cloud services team and Product owner to refine the Cloud services product roadmap, ensuring that capabilities are available ahead of business demand in addition to driving continuous service improvement.
The Infrastructure Engineers - Cloud Services, works with the teams, partners and vendors which
Deliver cloud services across the business. The role provides technical leadership,
Design and architecture expertise and support for the management of the IT infrastructure services.
Experience you'll need:
- A Senior SME with circa 7+ years' experience in the Infrastructure and/or Development Space.
- Broad and deep knowledge of Cloud computing fundamentals and technology; Recognised SME in terms of Cloud Architecture patterns, Technology and Implementation
- Microsoft Azure Cloud SME, with recent and deep experience designing and implementing Azure based systems
- Significant experience in a similar role within a large, complex organisation
- Scripting and Automation skills with particular experience in Azure (powershell, AzureRunbooks, ARM templates, CI/CD deployments, etc)
- Deep core Infrastructure technical background experience including Sysadmin (Windows/and Or Linux), DNS, Network and Firewall, Active directory etc
- Understanding and deep practical experience of core Azure networking and PaaS Services (Eg Express Route, SQL DB, ASE, Azure webapps, etc)
- Ability to work with DevOps and fast moving "Online" Digital environments, including delivery of projects via Agile methodologies
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Software Development experience (Desirable but not mandatory)
- Deep Infrastructure technical background highly desirable
- GCP Cloud Architecture and implementation experience highly desirable but not mandatory
If you would be keen to discuss this position in more detail then please apply today and I will be intouch to discuss the role further with you.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018