Our programme has been built on over the years to strategically align with our commercial objectives and we have developed a comprehensive programme of activities across three core areas: Community, Workplace and Environment.
- Sharing skills through volunteering. Our employees can take two days of paid time to benefit local charities and schools. Over 685 employees have shared their skills during the last five years positively impacting over 3,635 beneficiaries.
- Our seven year partnership with SOS Children's Villages with the majority of our support going to Chipata, Zambia where we have an SThree house where eight orphans live with their SOS mother. The company continues to match £50,000 per annum with a target to raise £1 million by our tenth year anniversary in 2018.
- SThree continues to support the wider Chipata Village in Zambia with locally produced computer tablets that have solar panel charging, to assist primary school learning
- Our current global charity partner is the African Science Academy, an organisation that supports females from across Africa to access the education needed to succeed with a career in STEM. SThree colleagues are raising funds needed to transform the lives of young women in Africa who will then use STEM to transform the world. The SThree Foundation match the funds we raise for the African Science Academy alongside providing vital funding to local community STEM projects nominated by SThree employees. Together we can build a brighter future.
- To ensure that we are also contributing to local charities, the team in Dubai work with the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children — a non-profit shelter in the UAE for women and children who are victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking — through various ways such as conducting a CV writing workshop to equip them with knowledge and skills that can help them in the future. It is an emotional experience and gratifying time spent with these young women who are eager to make a difference in today's society.
- We grow our talent by investing in our employees through 'best in class' training led by our learning and development team.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Programme ensures we support an inclusive culture through our internal Identity Programme. We have set five year female representation targets at all levels of our business including our Executive Committee.
- In 2018, we launched IdentiFy to help support female leaders in the organisation through a series of workshops, mentoring and building a community to allow them to share their successes and challenges.
- In 2012 we brought in a new travel policy that has dramatically reduced internal travel and we continue to promote video conferencing as a more efficient option to reduce our footprint.
- All our offices are encouraged to take a paperless approach, and recycle what they have used, making a significant difference on natural resources used in the production.
- We offset our global carbon footprint emissions through two ClimateCare projects:
- The Uganda Cook stoves that use less fuel and substantially reduce air pollution. This method is used instead of wood and charcoal saving the remaining forest in Uganda.
- The Wind Energy Project in India which provides reliable and clean energy.
To find out more about our CSR initiatives visit the SThree CSR page.