My client, a large Oil and Gas Operator out in the Midland, TX area is looking to bring on a QA/QC Inspector to their team.
Job: QA/QC Inspector
Location: Midland, TX
Rate: $35-$40 hourly + overtime at 1.5
Per Diem: GSA rate at $169 per day (days worked)
Mileage: IRS rate at 54 cents per mile (days worked)
Contract Length: 3 months to permanent hire
Schedule: Midland/Odessa Office, 6 days, 10 hours per day
- 5+ years experience as a QA/QC Inspector
- Background specifically in pressure vessels, ASME codes section 8, B31.3, weld mapping, fabrication shop experience, skid units
- AWS/CWI Certified Weld Inspector
- Effective communication skills and attentive to clients
- Focusing specifically with NDE, weld x-rays, weld mapping, shipment orders, etc. that relate to the project.
- Ideally, candidate's skills will include the following:
- Vessel drawings
- U1A/U2/U4 forms
- NDE reports such as X-ray, mag particle test (MT), PT, PMI, etc.
- Heat treatment reports
- Hydrostatic test reports
- Certified material test report (MTR) for various metals
- As part of the job, inspector will be required to write detailed inspection reports with supporting photos attached.
- Ensure company quality inspection and test plan requirements are followed
- Verify dimensions and certification for all materials are in accordance with company standards and specifications
- Knowledgeable of all ASME codes specific to B31.3
- Verify that all welding procedures and all welders confirm to ASME codes
- Verify all weld defects and imperfections are acceptable repaired.
- Verify that all NDE, impact tests, and other required tests and examinations have been performed by qualified personnel; the results meet Code requirements and are properly documented
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.