Urgently searching for an experienced Project Controls Analyst for an Oil and Gas Operator in Midland, TX.
This will be a long-term opportunity on the Projects team for water and power, managing a portfolio of projects, including the upgrade/modification and/or installation of new facilities, pipelines and other assets in the Permian.
This person will support Project Management and Business activities and will need to be a project controls professional capable of providing broad support in terms of project planning, monitoring and control, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and advising on multiple simultaneous capital projects.
This person will not only don the costing and scheduling of the project but their main role is to put together analysed packages for presentation to the projects team. They will evaluate and analyse all the different engineering packages/contracts of up to $1b - then consulate their analysis into a presentation for projects teams and executive level.
These packages are all bids/tenders from engineering firms that they will analyse to see what fits best for the projects team.
- Oversee all initial planning/scheduling efforts for projects in the portfolio.
- Establish documented baseline scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Review, analyze, and reconcile Field Cost Estimates (VOWD) and make recommendations to PMs
- Develop Cost Reports at the project / CBS level
- Analyze SAP ITDs and work with Accounting/Finance to reconcile
- Regularly update schedules and provide guidance to PMs
- Document variances, trends, change logs
- Regularly update TIC forecasts and provide AFE guidance to PMs
- Identify and analyze risks to baselines
- Create reports, as appropriate, for relevant stakeholders/team members
- Chair project status meetings - Coordinate with field and office based team to gather updates
- Assist Portfolio Manager with updates to accruals, cash flow, and FY CapEx forecasts
- Review invoices, and resolve financial / project issues, including PO/contract resolution
Qualifications and Essential Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Project controls/coordination or analysis experience
- 5+ years oil & gas industry experienced with water or power projects for onshore E&P companies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to multitask, shift priorities
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong working capability in Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of SAP
- EPC experience preferred
If qualified and interested, please apply with your most updated resume ASAP as this is an urgent need.
Vanessa Lopez 832.900.5935
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.