Do you like to work for an organisation that has a significant influence on the sharing of knowledge and educating people by the use of IT? And do you have a background in cataloging/library in combination with knowledge of- or affinity with developing/scripting? Then you might be our next:
In the position of a metadata specialist you will have an exciting role that will continuously improving all aspects of the IT environment by using your analytical and technical abilities.
The job consists of two parts:
- Data liason, communicate with the different clients. Clients are for example the different libraries in the world. Informing an working together with all the different stakeholders (internally and externally).
- Data processing, load files from a library, setting things up to process it. Actually manipulating and processing the data.
- At least bachelor level education
- Fluent in English
- The perfect candidate has experience in two core aspects: Cataloging and Developing/Scripting:
- Understands/ has experience in cataloging and knows how these rules have to be applied (for example as a Librarian)
- Describe the information that is available
- What are the rules of descriptive cataloges?
- Translate rules in a way that you can migrate it from one to another
- Understand the rules to know to how to make it fit in a new system
The candidate knows how to work with technical interfaces. This consists of two things:
- Manipulate data
- Normalize data
- Process data
- Developer/Scripter skills
- Confident with applications that need codes
- Think of XML, Pearl, Java
- A salary of 3500 which is based on 38 hours a week
- 100% of the pension is paid
- A thirteenth month
- You will start with a first year contract. You will get the opportunity to get this contract converted in a permanent contract.
- An international working environment
- Interesting training program opportunities
Are you our new Metadata Specialist in Oegstgeest? Apply now! Click on the link or contact Maarten Doornenbal via 020-530 58 00 or m.doornenbal@ progressiverecruitment.com.
Interested in our other jobs in IT? Contact Maarten Doornenbal via 020-530 58 00 and ask about our other job openings.