Progressive IT are working with a global trading company to build out their operations team in their Sydney head office.
This role is for an IT Operations Team Lead, who will be reporting into the Global Head of ITO. You will play a pivotal part in contributing to the design/implementation of new ITO tooling and supporting day to day trading operations.
- ITO Team Lead
- Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney CBD
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- $180,000 - $220,000 base + super + bonus
What you will be responsible for:
- Hands on technical leadership, team lead and mentoring for a small team of highly technical systems and network engineers
- The design and implementation of the next generation ITO DevOps stack
- Manage and contribute to support of the organisation's trading platforms
- Daily handover and escalation of any on-going ITO issues to European office
- Change/Incident/Problem management of trading applications
- The design, testing, and implementation of automated processes to improve the deployment, monitoring and operation of trading systems
- Specification and evaluation of new hardware platforms for trading desks
- Ownership of technical problems until final resolution
- Effective communication of scheduled maintenance activities and unexpected outages.
- Experience with DevOps tooling: containers, automation, monitoring tools etc.
- Experience with programming for automation (Linux shell script and Python preferred)
- Solid understanding of modern x64 based server hardware and the Linux operating system that runs on it - Advanced Linux skills required.
- Experience working in agile working environment
- Experience with gdb, capable of interpreting a stack trace
- Expertise in network troubleshooting. TCP, Multicast, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a globally distributed support team
- Expertise in storage options
Nice to have:
- Experience with TT, CQG, RTS, Vela, Fidessa, Itiviti/TBricks
- Experience with VPN, IPSec, two-factor authentication
- BSc degree in any engineering discipline
- 5+ years' experience in financial sector (trading experience highly beneficial)
To learn more, please contact Adam Wilkinson for a confidential discussion on 02 9285 1010 and click APPLY!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018