The Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer we are seeking can be based out of our Amsterdam office and needs to have extensive knowledge in cloud infrastructure, virtualization, systems administration and agile development practices. This role is full time and qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands without current or future work sponsorship.
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor services in public cloud
- Work closely with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions that will help teams to move faster into public cloud environments
- Work closely with engineering teams to build and support the continuous integration and deployment tooling
- Works daily in Azure cloud environments for build and runtime deployments
- Collaborates with devops and serves as an evangelist of devops practices through the organization
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution including design, installation, and administration documentation
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software and hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements
- 5+ years of extensive networking knowledge - firewalls, VPNs, DNS, proxies & load balancers
- 5+ years of experience in Windows and Linux systems administration
- 5+ years scripting languages such as PowerShell, Azure CLI, Bash, Python, etc.
- Expertise in Cloud Security best practices and use of firewalls, IPS/IDS, encryption, and incident response
- Expertise in virtualization technology such as HyperV, VMware, KVM, Docker, etc.
- Real experience with Azure PaaS and IaaS components and services
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI), configuration management and automated deployment
- Knowledge / experience with repositories such as TFS, NuGet, GitHub, Docker hub
- Knowledge / experience with monitoring tools such as Application Insights, New Relic, Nagios, a plus
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and drive to take initiative and own issues
- Bachelor's Degree Required / Master's Degree preferred
Please apply with your latest version of your resume via
Progressive Recruitment is gespecialiseerd in de bemiddeling van professionals binnen de sectoren IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain en Engineering. Wij kunnen je helpen bij je zoektocht naar een tijdelijke opdracht, maar ook als je zoekt naar een permanente functie in deze sectoren. Kijk voor meer informatie op www.progressiverecruitment.com of www.progressivege.com
Progressive Recruitment is specialized in recruiting professionals in the sectors IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Engineering. We can help you find temporary and permanent job opportunities in these industries. For more information, visit www.progressiverecruitment.com or www.progressivege.com.