Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Air Separation Unit Technician to work for one of the world's biggest oil and gas companies based in Oklahoma City . If you want to work for an amazing company with very quick progression, apply here. This company is one that is multinational with an annual revenue of $16 billion per annum, they have facilities in over 40 countries worldwide and are one of the frontrunners in their established industry.
Work Location: Oklahoma City
PAY RATE: Depending on Experience
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
This position has responsibility for operating an Air Separation Unit in Oklahoma City, OK, maintaining plant production, operating efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety in the Merchant Gases Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Monitors and maintains the safe operation of an Air Separation Facility which produces cryogenic products.
* Controls flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC system
* Work with management to maximise production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base adjusting flows and production rates
* Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
* Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to maintain quality assurance.
* Prepares and maintains accurate records in accordance with all safety, quality, regulatory and production requirements, such as plant readings, plant maintenance, instrument calibrations, etc…
* Identifies potential problems from collected data
* Responds to plant/production disturbances (on-call).
* Determines if immediate maintenance action is required and acts appropriately.
* Performs complex plant functions, including DERIME and warm plant start-ups.
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment.
* Responsible to troubleshoot, repair and calibrate process and system problems to restore efficient operations, including PLC, DCS, and other computer interface stations; control valves, pneumatic and electronic control equipment and instruments.
* Takes initiative to improve facility (i.e. operations, reliability, and costs) without direction.
* Performs administrative functions, i.e. requisitioning, purchasing, production accounting, and payroll record-keeping (closure of PO's and receiving / time inputting)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
* Maintains compliance with Airgas' 12 Life Saving Rules and Safety Pledge
* Requires 100% compliance with all Airgas safety policy and procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to others.
* Maintain high degree of safety by employing safe work habits.
* Promotes and develops safe work behaviours through the use of existing policies and procedures and an emphasis on safety behaviour management techniques.
* Assists with safety incident investigations, including near misses, using root cause analysis leading to recommended corrective actions to eliminate recurrences
* Ensures applicable regulatory (OSHA, EPA, FDA, DHS ) requirements are met and applicable training and record keeping is performed to meet departmental and location requirements
Quality / Technical Support
* Performs maintenance of instrumentation, electrical systems, compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment
* Complies with maintenance of environmental, safety, quality assurance, and FDA compliance systems and programs including spare parts, preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5 plus year's industry experience; or two years technical college or military technical experience and 3 plus year's related experience.
* Critical thinking - ability to work independently to troubleshoot, diagnose & solve issues with process and plant equipment.
* Requires the use of considerable judgement to recognize plant process problems and interpret malfunctions to make decisions accordingly.
* Requires the ability to use common hand tools and test equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment..
* Water Treatment - understand the water treatment principals and equipment a plus.
* Refrigeration - A basic understanding of refrigeration systems a plus.
* Air Separation - A basic understanding of air separation and associated technologies a plus.
* Must be able to work 10 hour shifts on 7 day rotation schedule
* Must be able to share on-call responsibilities with other Operator Technicians to facilitate uninterrupted plant operation.
* Must have the ability to work alone, weekends, and holidays.
* Requires continuous mental and visual attention to operate equipment, make repairs and adjustments.
* Requires the ability to use computer programs to effectively analyze, document and track specific initiatives and goals set by management
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Occasionally (1-33% of work time);
If this is something that you would be interested in or know of anyone who it would interest, simply apply here with your resume or call 713 423 1646
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.