Valuing our clients through meaningful relationships
Recruiters as a whole have often been plagued with the reputation of being impersonal - a picture we are actively trying to rework. Relationships with clients and candidates are the most rewarding part of this job and forming these personal connections allows us to get the most value out of the partnership - not just for us but for them as well.
When you have a relationship with your clients that extends beyond the professional realm you are better positioned to find them a candidate that will fit seamlessly into their business, not just by matching their requirements but also matching the company’s culture and values. These personal relationships cultivate a much more loyal client base.
What does this look like?
Creating these relationships starts with investing time into your clients and candidates.
For clients this can take the form of:
- Going to meet them in their office to see where they work and get a better understanding of how they like to work.
- Researching more about the business they work for by reading up on industry changes, updates and new initiatives.
- Taking the time to learn about past experiences they have had with recruiters both positive and negative.
- Thanking them/rewarding them for working with us by taking them out to lunch, coffee or hosting a client event.
On the candidate side, we build relationships by:
- Regularly calling them and meeting up with them while they are in a role representing Progressive IT.
- Taking them out to lunch or coffee to see how they are finding the job.
- Making an active effort to find out more about them on a personal level through their family situation, life aspirations and other interesting facts.
We don't ever want our clients or candidates to feel like our relationship with them is just about a transaction. We make the effort to provide a wholesome experience when identifying candidates for a role. A blend of personal and professional interactions, in our experience, makes up the recipe for a successful and enjoyable recruitment process.
Interested in learning more about Progressive IT? Send Miranda Rutherford a message today at email@example.com, we'd love to hear from you. You can also visit our LinkedIn page to find out more about working with Progressive IT and to find industry relevant articles