Technical Specialist - London - IT
- Art der Tätigkeit:Festanstellung
Progressive Recruitment are working with our UK based key account who have a new vacancy for a Technical Specialist to join their team.
About the Employer
This company are an ICT services company with a global portfolio.
- Provide ongoing support on all areas of virtualisation including VMware vCloud, vSphere, VDI/View, Citrix XenDesktop, Cisco UCS, HP Virtual Connect & HP Rack Servers.
- Assist in design / development of virtualisation products and solutions.
- Assist in virtualisation-based projects.
- Dealing with all types of virtualisation-related incidents to ensure that Service Level Agreements with customers are adhered to.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key service provision and vendor partners.
- Strong communication and interface skills to other functional areas within UK CMC.
- Documentation and maintaining SKMS.
- Provide support out of hour's On-Call.
- Has developed knowledge of the individual technical support area and has a broad knowledge of other areas. Has experience at applying this knowledge to support CMC technical functions.
- Previous exposure to vCloud and Managed Services is imperative.
- Previous experience of design, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 4, 5 and 6 environments with VirtualCenter management, vCloud Director, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and VMware View desktop virtualization (VDI).
- Understanding of build, configure and deploy VMs and templates, Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, & 2008, 2012 as well as Linux servers from VMware, Hyper-V and legacy hardware.
- Understanding of iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel protocols, Fibre Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
- Good understanding and past experience of CISCO UCS, V-Block infrastructure setup and HP Virtual Connect etc.
- Capability to manage and plan analysis and troubleshooting of advanced level capacity, performance, etc. issues of VMware View infrastructure and applications.
- Good knowledge of supporting VMware vCD and Citrix XenDesktop and Cisco UCS infrastructure. Good exposure to VMware View (VDI) is very much desirable.
- In depth Technical knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012R2.
- In depth Technical knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS & DHCP.
- Hands on knowledge on ISA, TMG, UAG, PKI & IAS.
Are you the candidate we have been looking for? If so, please click on the link to apply with your updated CV.
Not ready to apply, or have some questions? Please call me on 0141 275 3333 during business hours to obtain more information.